GEORGE AND MARGARET MEE CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
|Quarterly meeting||Application Deadline|
The Mee Foundation Board holds quarterly meetings in February, May, August and November of each year. The following chart represents quarterly meetings and application deadlines for those quarterly meetings:
GRANT PROCESS: In order for your organization to begin the grant process, the Mee Foundation will require that your organization:
(1) first contact the Mee Foundation Office to discuss the nature of your grant request and eligibility to proceed; (and if appropriate)
(2) complete and submit an application.
GRANT APPLICATION: Please note that the Application must be signed by an Officer of the applicant organization. There are two application forms available. One application is for use by applicant organizations from the Delaware County, NY and Cameron County, PA areas and the second application (a Uniform Grant Application) is for use by applicant organizations from the Broome County, NY area.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE APPLICATION LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
TOGETHER WITH YOUR ONE (1) ORIGINAL COMPLETED APPLICATION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING (VIA REGULAR MAIL ONLY):
(1) A copy of your IRS Determination Letter;
(2) A copy of your most recent audited financial statement with management letter included;
(3) A copy of your previous year operating budget with year-to-date actuals and a copy of your current year operating budget with year-to-date actuals;
(4) A list of your current Board Members including Officers with their affiliations and term dates; and
(5) Written estimates, if applicable (two competitive estimates are required).
If the Board determines that an Application falls within the stated mission of the Foundation and agrees to fund the request, the organization will receive a notice of award and related grant forms prior to disbursement of funds.
If the Board determines that an Application falls within the stated mission of the Foundation but requires additional information, the organization will receive a request for said additional information and/or documentation which must be submitted to the Foundation Office no later than the "assigned deadline". The additional information and/or documentation will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled quarterly meeting if timely received. If the Board then determines to fund the request, the organization will receive a notice of award and related grant forms prior to disbursement of funds.
If the Board determines that an Application does not fall within the stated mission of the Foundation and/or for other reasons makes a determination not to fund a request, a notice of declination will be sent to the organization.
The Board may at its discretion, consider emergency requests as they occur.
Direct Applications by regular snail mail to:
Deborah S. Manley, Administrator
George A. and Margaret Mee Charitable Foundation
80 Exchange Street, Suite No. 3
Binghamton, New York 13901
Telephone: (607) 722-0181
Facsimile: (607) 722-0215